There is no doubt that Catherine Middleton is the style icon of the moment, and probably will be for a long time to come. Pretty much everything she wears sells out in minutes – retailers and designers are clamouring for Kate to wear an item from their collection, as it’s pretty much guaranteed to fly off the shelves. The “Kate effect” is definitely a contributing factor when it comes to the rise in popularity of nude shoes. A pair of nude shoes should be a staple item in every woman’s wardrobe, as they are extremely versatile, complementing any colour outfit, and in my opinion, their best feature is that they create an illusion of added height. Below is a selection of nude shoes available at the moment.
- Peep toe court shoe, £49.99 from Mango
- Valarie peep toe, £70 from Dune
- Peep toe, £38 from Dorothy Perkins
- Suede peep toe, £19.99 from Zara
- Molton peep toe, £169 from Hobbs
- When choosing nude coloured shoes, opt for a pair that are one or two shades lighter than your own skin tone.
- Choose a simple and plain pair, so as not to detract from the rest of the outfit.
- Nude shoes look and work best as a high or wedge heel – don’t be tempted to go for flats.
- Nude shoes look best with a bare leg, but if you must wear it with stockings or tights, opt for matt flesh-tone ones. Again, matching the colour as close as possible to your own skin tone.