I love an indulgent chocolate pudding, but sometimes a light, fresh zingy is what is called for, and this mousse is just that! This mousse is quick and easy to put together, so the perfect pudding.
- 250ml of double cream
- 2 lemons, juice and zest (approximately 60ml)
- 50g icing sugar or 5g of stevia
- 2 egg whites
- Put the double cream and sugar (or stevia) in a bowl and whip until it starts to thicken.
- Add the lemon juice and zest (keep some back to sprinkle on the mousse as garnish) and whisk until it has thickened to soft peaks
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they’re have formed quite firm soft peaks.
- Using a metal spoon, slowly combine the egg whites into the lemon cream mixture.
- Once combined, pour into 4 dishes and pop in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle on a few strands of zest on each mousse and serve with some gingersnap biscuits.
Domestic Princess tips:
- Be careful that you don’t over whisk the cream, otherwise it’ll be hard to incorporate the egg whites.
- If you want a milder lemon flavour, just add 1 lemon.
- To make this a chocolate orange mousse, substitute the lemon for orange and add 30g of cocoa powder at stage 1.
- If you want to make this a more grown-up pudding, substitute one of the lemons for 30ml of limoncello.
If you make this, I would love to hear what you think!
With much love
The Domestic Princess