Hello! And welcome to Wednesday’s post.
With the weather in the UK this week truly embracing the “April Showers”, I thought today’s post would be very apt! And if I wasn’t sweltering in 97F heat in India, I would absolutely be hot-footing it to the mecca that is Harrods and quite frankly my spiritual home, to pick-up either of these Burberry trenches (1 & 2 below), which I have been lusting after for many years.
My desire for a Burberry trench has been building for sometime. Such a classic item is a wardrobe staple and will never go out of fashion, so I don’t really have a problem splurging on it. In fact, I think I can go as far as saying it’s an investment!
I know not everybody shares this view, so I’ve had a wander around the virtual shops to find some other cheaper, but no less stylish alternatives.
- Burberry London short camel garbadine trench coat, £750 from Net-a-Porter
- Burberry London short black cotton double-breasted trench coat, £750 from Net-a-Porter
- Jigsaw khaki trench coat, £185 from John Lewis
- Hobbs Corrine trench coat, £149 from Hobbs
- Aigle double-breasted navy trench coat, £210 from John Lewis (also available in stone)
- Phase Eight Madison ecru cape trench coat, £60 down from £120 from Phase Eight
- NW3 by Hobbs Wentworth ink trench coat, £189 from Hobbs
- Mango short double breasted stone trench coat, £49.99 from Mango (also available in navy and red)
- Always buy the best coat you can afford. You won’t regret it. Sometimes buying cheaply is a false economy. I’ve had many a cheap coat fall apart on me!
- Forget trends and what is currently the coat of the moment and go for what suits you.
- Buy a generous fit. Remember, you might be wearing this in the depths of winter, so you want to make sure it’ll fit nicely over your many layers.
- A lighter weight coat will show up any lumps and bumps, so keep this in mind when choosing.
So, what do you think? Is a designer coat worth splurging on? Or do you prefer to buy from the high street? Do any of the ones above take your fancy? And which item of clothing do you think is worth splurging on, if any?
With much love
The Domestic Princess
PS look out for the men’s edit of trench coats coming soon!